Surgery Center of Chattanooga
is a member of the Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA that operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers nationally. As an organization HCA has been named in Fortune Magazine's
list of World's Most Admired Companies
in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry and named a World's Most Ethical Company
by the Ethisphere Institute for the seventh consecutive year. Our facility is conveniently located in downtown Chattanooga. Designed exclusively for outpatient surgery, we are a state-of-the-art facility that uses the most modern surgical equipment available today. The center is multi-specialty with the core of the case volume being Orthopedic, Podiatry, and Pain Management.
We are in search of a Surgery Center Administrator
to manage the operations of the center. This would include managing a team of 30 employees. The ideal candidate will have experience managing relationships with physician equity partners and previous experience in surgery center operations. A clinical background would be a plus, but is not required. Relocation assistance will be provided. Chattanooga is an amazing city surrounded by mountains, rivers, and has a strong arts presence.
The compensation package consists of a base salary, bonus plan, and comprehensive benefits including a matching 401k that grows incrementally over time from 3%-9% company match. As we are a part of HCA, there are also discounts available related to healthcare, hotels, cellular phones, and a variety of other categories.
As an Administrator, you will be overseeing every aspect of the operation. There are multiple layers of support available to you such as:
- Regional CFO
- Regional Vice President of Operations
- Regional Business Office Manager
- Regional Medical Director
- Regional Quality/Risk Team
- Business Development support
- Regional Pharmacy Personnel
- A support network of over 130 Administrators currently leading our other centers
- Centralized Recruiting Support
The best part about us is our culture. Our team is dedicated to creating patient and physician satisfaction. We also place a premium on work life balance and are truly dedicated to creating a positive working environment as well. We are actively interviewing and encourage you to apply today!
- Build the ASC's brand with physicians, patients, third party payers, and the community in general.
- Facilitate positive effective working relationships with the Governing Body, Medical Director, and Medical Staff.
- Call upon and coordinate the use of corporate personnel and hospital resources. This includes, but is not limited to, corporate legal and financial data processing, staffing, credentialing, marketing, human resources, and development expertise.
- Responsible for business development of the center in conjunction with Business Development/Marketing Representative.
- Maintain appropriate levels of personnel (this includes hiring, promoting, assigning, maintaining compensation levels; approve merit evaluations and salary increases, as well as conference and discharge, when necessary).
- Participate in professional and community organizations to promote better public relations and interact with the general public in area relating to healthcare.
- Understand, implement and maintain personnel policies, the employee benefit package, a wage and salary program, and appropriate job descriptions that have approval by the Governing Body.
- Establish appropriate internal organizational lines of communication, authority, and accountability.
- Work closely with the Business Office to institute budget controls, monitor accounts receivables and payables, prepare and project annual budgets.
- Attend Medical Executive Committee meetings and present reporting related to operations.
- Consult specialists in areas necessary to maintain the delivery of high standards of health care and ensure the implementation of these standards at the Center.
- Implement on-going risk management program.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field
- Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Minimum (3) years direct experience or related experience
- Experience in outpatient surgery center operations are required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom