GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The OR Supply Chain Technician is responsible for keying, and promptly putting away all supplies within the OR, reviewing and maintaining all Min/Max inventory levels, picking scheduled
surgical cases, as well as emergency supply requests. The OR Supply Chain Technician is also responsible for
conducting physical inventories of all POU areas according to the defined schedule.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Receive, deliver, and put-away of all OR supplies in an accurate and timely manner, accurately key receiving into the SMART system, and deliver to appropriate department(s), and perform QA random checks on totes per approved policy
- Picking both scheduled and emergent surgical cases
- Is authorized to transport and deliver legend drugs, non-prescription drugs, contrast media and drug-containing devices relative to core competencies of the position
- Performs inventory management for the OR. Evaluates the appropriate Min/Max levels, reviews Min/Max for storeroom stock daily and place orders appropriately. Count par level areas (POU areas) according to schedule.
- Processes returns appropriately per approved policy.
- If applicable, ensure POU items have the appropriate barcodes, rotate stock to ensure no items are out of date, react appropriately to POU "critical point" messages and stock outs, provide assistance to the POU Station personnel as well as provide assistance with problems, questions and concerns
- Works flexible, rotating shifts when required
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
High school diploma or GED is required EXPERIENCE
Previous stock clerk experience is helpful. Some hospital supply experience preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom