Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center (P/SL) provides state-of-the-art, complex medical care in the heart of Denver. Patients come from six states in the Rocky Mountain region, including Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, New Mexico, and South Dakota. Centers of Excellence Include: Advanced Center for Spinal Microsurgery. Bariatric Surgery. Cardiac Rehabilitation. Certified by the American Association of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. Colorado Blood Cancer Institute. Comprehensive Cancer Programs. The Denver Clinic for Extremities at Risk. Denver Wound Healing Center. Diabetes Management Center. High-risk Obstetrics, Level IIIC NICU & Pediatrics. Hyperbaric Oxygen Medicine. Kidney Transplant Center. Level IV Trauma Center. Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Sleep Study Lab. Spine and Joint Care Specialty Services. Vascular Center Thoracic Outlet Program Why Choose P/SL?
• Located in the heart of Denver, we are the largest hospital in Colorado and the only tertiary/quaternary care facility in a seven-state region
• We render patient care to a wide range of patients from several surrounding towns and states
• We embrace diversity and learning within our OR
• The Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures 2013
• Our staff appreciates our unique call structure
• We have a highly skilled team of Registered Nurses and Surgical Technicians that make our operating room the place to be whether you're a patient or an employee Our Service Lines:
• Complex Orthopedics & Spine
• Orthopedic Oncologic Surgery
• Limb Preservation
• Complex Plastic Microvascular Reconstruction
• Thoracic/Kidney Transplant
• General Surgery
• Robotics - da Vinci Si and the ONLY hospital in Denver with the newest da Vinci Xi, the most advanced, least invasive option for surgery
• Colon & Rectal Surgery
• Gynecologic Surgery
• Urogynecologic Surgery®The Joint Commission Top Performer onKey QualityMeasures®2013
This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke's Medical Center of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The Surgical Technician II will be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide assistance during the surgical procedures performed in the department in the scrub role. The Surgical Technician II is experienced in all aspects of aseptic technique, setting up the required equipment and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases; pulling cases as needed, breaking down cases at the end of the procedure, sets up operating room and supplies needed for day/following day's schedule. He/she is knowledgeable regarding instrumentation, equipment and supply needs for all types of surgical procedures. The Surgical Technician II must be competent as a Surgical Technician I, demonstrating basic to advanced knowledge and skills in the scrub role, in multiple surgical specialties performed in the department (i.e. Total Joints, Ophthalmology/Retinal, Vascular, Neurosurgical - to include craniotomies and spines, Pediatrics, Major Orthopedics, Free Flaps/Limb Preservation procedures, and Craniofacial procedures). He/she is available for call on an assigned/scheduled basis as required by unit need. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor, consistent with his/her scope of practice He/she is available for call on an assigned/ scheduled basis as required by unit need. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor, consistent with his/her scope of practice.
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community.
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual
- We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity
Completion of an accredited Surgical Technician program. Certification preferred. Surgical registry required. BLS required. Education:
Graduate of Surgical Technician Program. Experience:
One to two years experience as surgical technician preferred. Special Qualifications:
Knowledgeable in sterile technique, set up and maintenance of sterile field, surgical instruments and equipment. Completion of orientation as Surgical Technician I.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom