Why Choose North Suburban?
• North Suburban has beautiful new ORs thanks to a multimillion dollar investment two years ago
• North Suburban will transition from a Level III to a Level II trauma center in the next year, providing the opportunity to work on exciting, life-changing trauma cases, in addition to elective cases, and be part of helping to shape this transition during 2015
• Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for 4 years in a row - only 1 of 2 in Colorado hospitals to achieve this recognition the last four years
• Received The Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Center Recertification
• Received the top rating (an "A") on the Leapfrog Group's Hospital Safety score in Fall 2014 survey
• Received Chest Pain Accreditation through the Society of Chest Pain Centers
• Honored by March of Dimes for having zero elective deliveries before 39 weeks
• Honored with the "Excellence in Patient Care" award by the Studer Group in recognition of our consistent performance in top-quality patient care
• Ranked one of the top five safest hospitals in the Denver area by a Consumer Reports study on several safety measures
Position Summary: The Surgical Technologist will be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide assistance during surgical procedures performed in the surgical department. The Surgical Technologist is experienced in all aspects of aseptic technique, setting up the required equipment and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases; pulling cases as needed; breaking down cases at the end of the procedure. He/she is knowledgeable regarding instrumentation, equipment and supply needs for all types of surgical procedures. The Surgery Technologist performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan for NSMC. The operating room technologist displays positive support for NSMC, as well as the Health One Corporation.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Completion of a Surgical Technologist program, RST or LPN or RN required, CST preferred. BCLS certification required.
Education: Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
Experience: Demonstrates competence as a Surgical Technologist.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Basic to advanced knowledge in the scrub role and responsibilities for multiple surgical specialties (i.e. Total Joints, Ophthalmology, Retinal, Vascular, Neuro-to include carotids, carpal tunnels, stereotactic work, Pediatrics, Major Orthopedics, and Limb Preservation). Demonstrates good organizational skills. Adheres to all departmental patient safety initiatives. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom