Johnston-Willis Hospital is seeking an experienced Surgical Assistant who is ready to apply their education and skills to our Surgical Services family! Apply today for immediate consideration! Johnston-Willis Hospital, a 292-bed acute care facility,
is located in the upbeat, North Chesterfield area, a short drive from Chesterfield Town Center, offering an abundance of restaurants and shops. Johnston-Willis Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63 rd on Fortune's 500, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Among other awards and certifications, the Joint Commission
has awarded Johnston-Willis Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval
and named us a Top Performer on surgical care
, perinatal care, pneumonia, heart attack, and hip and knee replacement. Our ER is also the only state-authorized Level III Trauma Center
in Chesterfield County. Johnston-Willis Hospital performs more da Vinci ® robotic surgeries than any other single facility in Central Virginia and is the first in Virginia to be designated as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery (COERS) by the Surgical Review Corporation . Additional surgical specialties include:
Thoracic, colorectal, general gynecology, gynecological oncology, general surgery, otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat), urology, and urogynecology. SURGICAL ASSISTANT CHALLENGES AND TASKS
* 1. Demonstrates competency in scrubbing as it relates to unit scope of care including aseptic technique.
* 2. Plans and provides equipment and supplies based on patient and physician needs;
promotes cost containment while delivering quality patient care within the operating room.
*3. Adheres to hospital policies and procedures; supports the mission of the hospital.
4. Works as a member of the Surgical Services Team to promote teamwork.
5. Pursues own professional growth through continuing education and in services.
* THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB. Additional information about our Operating Room:
- 16 ORs
- Performs approximately 40-50 surgeries per day
- Teamwork environment where you will be responsible for helping everyone in the department (i.e. Scrub Cases)
- Leadership opportunities include being a part of Shared Governance councils
- A supportive culture focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
Required Completion of Surgical Assistant Program or on the job training.
Preferred: Certification as Surgical Technologist and/or First Assistant.
Preferred: Minimum one year as a Surgical Assistant. Experienced in Robotics, General, and Orthopedics preferred.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom