TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital
Long-established as an important part of Southern Kentucky, TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a Joint Commission-accredited, 211-bed hospital located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. TriStar Greenview offers services like an expanded Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, accredited Chest Pain Center, Advance Primary Stroke Center, and an Orthopedics program featuring Blue Distinction® designation for hip and knee replacement. TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital
is currently looking for a Surgical Attendant - Operating Room (Full-Time). Shift Details:
Monday - Friday, 10:00 am - 6:30 pm (some weekend call). POSITION SUMMARY
The Surgical Attendant maintains ancillary support of the surgery department by transportation of patients to surgical department, decontamination and cleaning of area, and restocking of supplies. Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment. Identifies cultural differences and incorporates into care. Utilizes translation services when needed. Assists the RN in care of patients from Neonate/Infant (0-12 months) Pediatrics (1 - 17 years) Adults (18 - 79 years) Elderly (80 years).
The Surgical Attendant supports the hospital mission, values and visions.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
- Verifies with SDS RN that patient is ready for transport to holding area.
- Transports patients to and from the operating room in a safe and efficient manner.
- Verifies patient identity prior to transport.
- Maintains adequate supply of linen/supplies for pre-op holding, operating room and dressing area.
- Performs routine cleaning and environmental maintenance for areas not serviced by EVS.
- Assists with cleaning and room turnover as well as terminal cleaning.
- Collects trash and linen in proper receptacles and transports to the appropriate area.
- Obtains and changes medical gas tanks as needed.
- Prepares required paper work packets for each surgical procedure.
- Keeps info up to date on schedule board.
- Runs errands and serves as messenger as ordered.
- Transports specimens to pathology and lab as needed.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Knowledgeable of techniques used in cleaning between cases and terminal cleaning of the surgical suites.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Performs daily/weekly/monthly duties as outlined on the housekeeping checklist.
- Preferably have medical knowledge/experience and experience in environmental cleaning in a healthcare setting.
- BLS certification
- New employees have up to 90 days from date of hire to obtain the American Heart Association BLS for healthcare providers.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom