BASIC FUNCTION: To supervise the personnel and plan/schedule the utilization of assets for 3rd shift Surgical operations (Auto Process, CIF, Injection Molding, Handle Printing, and Foam Cutting) to ensure the manufacture of products at an acceptable quality, in a safe environment, in sufficient quantity, and at an acceptable cost. To ensure success, a continuous focus is required to the needs of people, maintaining a safe environment and improving the environment, maintaining regulatory compliance, implementing continuous process improvements and methods improvements, achieving production schedules, and equipment maintenance and utilization.
1. Direct, assign and schedule work to meet required production levels. React appropriately to unplanned interruptions to the process be they equipment or demand related. Analyze and recommend repairs to equipment in areas(s) of responsibility
2. Provide and promote a climate to encourage communications with employees to respond to personnel issues and concerns. Respond promptly to employee questions/concerns/problems, evidencing a thorough understanding of all personnel policies and procedures that impact the workforce.
3. Train, lead, coach, evaluate, and discipline personnel in accordance with company policies. Evaluate employee performance and determine ratings as well as merit increases within established guidelines
4. Evaluate and make decisions regarding acceptable process conditions as they affect operations and/or product quality within the constraint of the documented process parameters.
5. Recommend changes to equipment and/or operations to promote a climate of continuous improvement within the facility.
6. Assure that operations are performed in compliance with all local, state and federal requirements (regulatory, employment laws, environmental and safety).
7. Interface with suppliers to evaluate products for potential implementation into the process.
8. Identifying and implementing continuous improvements, knowledge and experience in project management, engineering and industrial engineering methods.
9. Administer and approve employee labor and attendance records
10. Personal computer with Microsoft Office applications; Mainframe working knowledge; various assemble operations; simple & advanced measuring equipment; microscopes, etc. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Preferred:A B.A. or B.S. Degree is required, technical or business field is preferred, and a minimum of 5-7 years' experience in direct supervision in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge and experience working in FDA, ISO 9001 and GMP regulated environments, continuous improvement environment, engineering and industrial engineering methods, and project management skills is strongly preferred. Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational and managerial skills are a must! PC proficiency is required.
A little about us:
As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs.