HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company
in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine
. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call
will be required.
The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today! Operational Duties:
- Demonstrates knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and sterilization of instruments and equipment. Maintains a sanitary environment for the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrates awareness of appropriate sterilization method needed for different instruments in accordance to manufacturer's instructions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of high level disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment. (Maintains daily log, testing for efficacy of disinfecting solution with each cycle, performs biological tests and completes log, as per facility policies).
- Monitors and records all test loads and sterilization cycles; reports any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager.
- Maintains accurate records for PM's for equipment; reports any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager.
- Maintains accurate log for equipment out for repair.
- Receives all soiled instrumentation and implements the appropriate decontamination process.
- Practices Standards Precautions.
- Utilizes required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Prepares the Decontamination and Clean room with supplies and equipment needed.
- Reprocesses instrumentation for sterilization.
- Tests operational efficiency of Instrumentation prior to reprocessing and reports problems to OR Coordinator Nurse Manager.
- Wraps trays and individual items according to established policy/procedure. Labels each item with name and expiration date.
- Monitors all instrumentation for proper sterilization prior to releasing for use.
- Places Sterilized instruments on appropriate shelving and rotates accordingly.
- Prioritizes and Organizes instrumentation and equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates appropriate aseptic techniques as indicated by interventions (hand hygiene, and equipment preparation).
- Implements manual cleaning cycle for autoclaves and Steris machines and other sterilizing/disinfecting machines.
- Performs required quality controls e.g. Bowie Dick, DART, Biological Monitoring, Disinfecting Solution Efficacy Testing, Test Strips.
- Maintains instruments/trays/scopes inventory.
- Anticipates special needs and selects required packs, instruments, supplies, sutures and equipment for specific cases.
- Understands concept of "short cycle" and it is appropriate to use to sterilize and/or disinfect instruments for immediate use.
- Reviews schedule daily for case instrumentation needs; remains abreast of changes made in schedule.
- Transports clean and dirty instruments, per policy.
- Cleans GI treatment rooms between procedures and prepares rooms for next case as assigned.
- Checks for outdated sterile supplies and instruments and assists with reprocessing as needed.
- Maintains a clean and orderly central processing area (e.g. shelves, counters, equipment).
- Keeps open communication with Nurse Manager regarding all aspects of Central Sterile Supply operations; seeks guidance for all equipment/instrumentation purchasing, replacement and repair.
- Utilizes supplies and resources in a cost effective manner.
- Recognizes emergency situations and responds effectively in a calm and controlled manner.
- Appropriately handles the disposal of biohazardous materials.
- Restocks area daily, using appropriate par levels and daily stock sheets while utilizing facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices.
- Training in basic aseptic technique and sterile processing.
• One year experience in surgical instrument sterilization processing; preferably in an acute care or ambulatory surgery center environment. CERTIFICATION/LICENSE:
• Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable.
• Certification in Central Processing as per facility and state regulatory requirements.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom