Orange Park Medical Center is a full-service regional tertiary facility serving Clay County and it's surrounding communities. As part of the HCA family, the largest healthcare provider in the world, Orange Park Medical Center provides the opportunity to develop your career along side more than 1,500 team members and 750 physicians on staff. Specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatric and adult services and a dozen other major service lines, Orange Park Medical Center is the provider of choice in northeast Florida for patients, staff and physicians alike.
The Surgical Technician (ST)/Operating Room Technician (ORT)/Scrub Technician
, under the direction and supervision of the RN and Surgical Services Supervisor, assists in the performance of a variety of both invasive and non-invasive operative procedures. Technical responsibilities include functioning in the role of ST/ORT for surgical procedures and the knowledge of sterilizing techniques needed to carry out the procedure. The Scrub Technician maintains surgical equipment and maintains adequate stocking of surgical supplies and related equipment. Other responsibilities include, maintaining appropriate sterilizing techniques in cleaning the rooms and/or necessary supplies.
This is a highly visible role with a large degree of physician and patient interaction. The ST/ORT should strive to promote harmony in the unit.
The quality of care given in the Surgical Services area will be determined by the philosophy, mission, and values of the hospital and the Department of Nursing. The Surgical Technician
will maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families, and the community. Duties include the following:
- Patient Rights - The Surgical Technician will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Patient Safety - The Surgical Technician demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, restraints, and National Patient Safety Goals.
- A graduate from an accredited Surgical Technologist program is required
- A current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Certified Surgical Technician (CST) is strongly preferred
- Minimum of at least 1 year Surgical Technician/Operating Room Technician (ST/ORT) experience is strongly preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom