Conroe Regional Medical Center - Conroe, TX Surgical Technician - Operating Room Conroe Regional Medical Center
, where high-quality care meets the comfort and convenience of a hospital close to home. We have been meeting the healthcare needs of the Montgomery County region for more than 75 years.
As a regional, tertiary referral center, other hospitals rely on us when a higher level of care is necessary. We have 342 beds, 1,200 employees, more than 400 physicians on staff, and the resources of the largest healthcare provider in the nation - HCA.
Conroe Regional Medical Center has achieved recognition as a Certified Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and designation as a Level II Trauma facility. CRMC also has a Level III Neonatal ICU for the most vulnerable patients.Conroe Regional Medical Center
is currently looking for a Surgical Technician - Operating Room. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Qualifications: Education:
- The Operating Room Surgical Scrub Technician working in this position assures a safe and therapeutic environment for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients undergoing surgical procedures. Responsible for implementing and evaluating the care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting AORN Standards of Practice for the Operating Room.
- Responsible for participating in care. Appropriately carries out scrub activities during procedures to ensure medical and surgical asepsis and safety of patient.
- Assists in cleaning of rooms between cases and at the end of the schedule.
- Assists in lifting and transporting patients, as needed. Assists in preparation of specimens, operation of equipment, and sterilization and/or disinfection of equipment.
- Assists in preparation and aftercare of equipment and supplies. Maintains supplies as needed.
- Accountable for maintaining and improving own job knowledge and skills.
- Works closely with professional and non-professional employees of the hospital, and with physicians, patients, and their families.
- LVN Current Texas Licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners or
- CST licensure through NBSTSA or NCCT unless being grandfathered (employed before September 1, 2009 as a Surgical Technologist).
- Graduate of an accredited institution (CAAHEP or ABHES) or complete a training program through one of the branches of the armed forces unless being grandfathered (employed before September 1, 2009 as a Surgical Technologist).
- Current CPR certification
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom