Trident Health is a 407-bed HCA hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals - Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center - as well as two free standing emergency departments - Centre Pointe Emergency and Moncks Corner Medical Center. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health as one of the nation's top hospitals for quality and safety for the fourth year in a row. Other noteworthy services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center, and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Accredited by The Joint Commission, Trident Health is committed to providing quality health services along with wellness information and opportunities to the communities it serves. Position Summary:
Surgical Technician - Heart Team Position Summary:
Assists in nursing care and preparation of the cardiovascular surgical patient by performance of routine and specialized duties. Performs scrub duties and related procedures such as surgical room set-up for specialized cardiovascular patients. The skills required for this position include but are not limited to setting up and scrubbing the following cases: CABG, valve replacement, and aortic malformalities. May also perform surgical technician duties within the general OR population.
Surgical Technician Position Summary:
Assists in Nursing Care and preparation of the surgical patient by performance of routine and delegated duties according to standards and policies of THS, and the department of Surgical Services. Performs scrub duties and related procedures such as surgical room set-up. Assists in the maintenance of supplies. Provides assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases. Assists in preparation, transportation and supervision of patients. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.Qualifications: EDUCATION:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Surgical Technology is required
- An American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)-Healthcare Provider is required
- National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) certification required within 3 months of graduation OR Must have worked continuously as a Surgical Technician prior to January 1, 2008 in the state of South Carolina.
- Recent OR experience is required
- Recent CVOR experience is strongly preferred
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom