Park Plaza & Plaza Specialty Hospitals - Houston, TXSurgical Tech - Operating Room
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, Park Plaza and Plaza Specialty Hospitals offer the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes. Since 1975, Park Plaza Hospital has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation. Plaza Specialty Hospital, a hospital within a hospital, has been providing long-term acute care to those needing prolonged hospitalization and recovery since 1994.Park Plaza/Plaza Specialty Hospital is currently looking for a Surgical Tech - Operating Room. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for evaluating and implementing care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting Standards of Practice, managing supplies and equipment, and participates in maintaining proper inventory on all instruments in the department.
- Responsible for coordinating instrumentation and surgical supplies, and assisting in surgical suite preparation for a variety of surgical cases.
- Actively participates in the planning and implementation of measures to maintain and improve the quality of patient care.
- Is knowledgeable in the use of positioning equipment and techniques to assure patient safety.
- Scrubs for a variety of surgical specialty cases and assists as needed in circulating duties.
- Assists in preparation of specimens, operation of equipment, and sterilization, and/or disinfection of equipment.
- Assists in the immediate post-surgical care of the patient and of equipment in order to provide a continuum of quality patient care.
- Accountable for maintaining and improving job knowledge and skills.
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere and complying with "Reflection of Excellent" standards.
- Responsible for scanning supplies in the P.O.U.
- One year experience preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology or military equivalent, and current certification required.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom