The Women's Hospital of Texas - Houston, Texas Surgical Tech - Operating Room (OR) Responsibilities:
- Responsible for evaluating and implementing care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting Standards of Practice, managing supplies and equipment, and participates in maintaining proper inventory on all instruments in the department.
- Responsible for coordinating instrumentation and surgical supplies, and assisting in surgical suite preparation for a variety of surgical cases.
- Actively participates in the planning and implementation of measures to maintain and improve the quality of patient care.
- Is knowledgeable in the use of positioning equipment and techniques to assure patient safety.
- Scrubs for a variety of surgical specialty cases and assists as needed in circulating duties.
- Assists in preparation of specimens, operation of equipment, and sterilization, and/or disinfection of equipment.
- Assists in the immediate post-surgical care of the patient and of equipment in order to provide a continuum of quality patient care.
- Accountable for maintaining and improving job knowledge and skills.
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere and complying with "Reflection of Excellent" standards.
- Responsible for scanning supplies in the P.O.U.
- One year experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology or military equivalent, and/or current certification.
- Certification in Surgical Technology OR verifiable Surgical Tech experience prior to 9/1/2009.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom