Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood, Texas Surgical Technologist - Operating Room PRN
The Operating Room
provides services for pediatric through geriatric inpatients and outpatients in 6 operating rooms. The Operating Room
department performs surgical procedures with the DaVinci Robot as well as major cardiac and neuro procedures. The Operating Room
provides a variety of surgical services including the following:
Kingwood Medical Center
- Cardio/thoracic/vascular surgery
- Dental surgery
- General surgery
- Gynecological surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Otolaryngology surgery
- Pain management
- Plastic surgery
- Podiatry surgery
- Urological surgery
is currently looking for a Surgical Technologist - Operating Room PRN Responsibilities:
- The Operating Room Technician has the responsibility of supporting the mission of the hospital to be the most comprehensive, cost effective provider of quality healthcare services for the Northeast Houston Area.
- The Technician is assigned to the Operating Room to assist physicians with instruments during the surgical procedure.
- This position has the responsibility of supporting the mission of the hospital which is to provide patients with the highest quality of health care within an atmosphere of genuine caring.
- The Technician is responsible for the preparation of room and needed supplies and equipment for assigned cases and is responsible for all instruments and insuring needed counts are completed.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the infant/child, neonate, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- Formal training from an operating technician school or equivalent in hospital training course.
- One or more years recent clinical experience in area of expertise, preferred
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Good clinical skills and judgment
- Current Texas license/certification, if required by area of expertise
- Current CPR course completion
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom