Military & Spouses of Military are now being offered a New Hire Bonus to join our HCA team of hospitals!!
HCA is dedicated to hiring our American Heroes and bringing those iconic military branch values and work ethic to join our teams and provide care to our communities while ensuring our military and their families' success in the civilian work sector.
- Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran / Spouse of Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran
- Minimum of 1 year experience or equivalent calculated experience in military or civilian setting.
- Preferred Military experience: Navy Hospital Corpsman, 66 Series Army Nurse/Medic, Coastguard Health Services Technician, Air Force 46 series Nurse or 4XXXX Series Enlisted Medical
Bonus Amount - 24 month commitment to an HCA facility - FULL TIME BASIS
• RN - $5,000
• Surgical Tech - $3,000
• Paramedic - $2,500
** Qualified Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran / Spouse of Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran (Registered Nurse, Certified Surgical Technicians and Paramedic) recruits will be eligible for a sign-on bonus when hired to join our HCA team of caregivers. Speak to a Recruiter for more details.
Capital Regional Medical Center
is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide care to patients under the direction of the RN and surgeon in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of CRMC. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed for surgical cases.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork as a member of the OR team.
- Communicates and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the RN.
- Uses training and experience to make decisions on behalf of the OR and patient.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from Surgical Technology training program or LPN program required
- High School or equivalency required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required
- LPN Licensure in Florida required for LPN candidates
- Technologist Certification preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Previous scrubbing experience preferred
- Acute care experience preferred
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Knowledge of basic anesthesia
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom