11a-7p M-F, with call Capital Regional Medical Center
is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide care to patients under the direction of the RN and surgeon in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of CRMC. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed for surgical cases.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork as a member of the OR team.
- Communicates and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the RN.
- Uses training and experience to make decisions on behalf of the OR and patient.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from Surgical Technology training program or LPN program required
- High School or equivalency required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required
- LPN Licensure in Florida required for LPN candidates
- Technologist Certification preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Previous scrubbing experience preferred
- Acute care experience preferred
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Knowledge of basic anesthesia
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus