Surgical Technologist - Adult Open Heart
Work Schedule : Monday-Friday, 8-hour shifts from 11am-7pm with Rotating Call
Location : Medical City Dallas
Founded in 1974, Medical City Dallas Hospital is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Offering nearly 100 specialties, we are conveniently located in the heart of North Dallas, just 15 minutes from downtown Dallas and a short drive from North Dallas suburbs.
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400 in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
Open Heart Surgical Technologist Job Summary :
- Collaborates with physician and Registered Nurses to serve in support role within OR.
- Responsible for supplies, instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical cases.
- Proficient in surgical environment as surgical assistant passing instruments and assisting the physician during surgical cases.
Open Heart Surgical Technologist Job Requirements :
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology or hospital training program.
- Certified Tech by the Liaison Council Certification of the Association of Surgical Technologist.
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
- Organization and time management skills required.
- Care and maintenance of surgical instruments required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom