Surgical Technologist - PRN (As Needed)
Location : Medical City Frisco Hospital
Surgical Technologist Job Summary :
Provides direct and indirect nursing services to the surgical patient under the supervision of the professional nurse, and performs tasks necessary to the functioning of the Surgical Services Unit according to the standards and policies of Operating Room care.
Surgical Technologist Job Competencies :
Competencies associated with each position are a combination of hospital-wide
and department specific standards. Competencies are evaluated initially during each employee's Introductory Period using the Competency Validation Checklist. Thereafter, competencies are assessed on an on-going basis and formally documented using the Annual Performance Evaluation Form.
Surgical Technologist Job Responsibilities :
- Performs necessary technical skills in a scrub role requiring aseptic technique as delineated through standards of Operating Room care.
- Documents accurately on all records, as indicated by policy.
- Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
- Prepares the operating room for surgical procedures
- Ensures surgical equipment is functioning properly and safely
- Anticipates the needs of the surgical team based on knowledge of human anatomy and pathophysiology and how they relate to the surgical patient and the procedure being performed.
Surgical Technologist Job Requirements :
- Education: Technical or Vocational training
- Licensure/certification/registration: Surgical Technologist Certification required
- Experience: Minimum 1 year operating room experience
- Special Skills & Qualifications: Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom