Manage Services operations processes for specific area(s) of responsibility and manage projects focusing on process improvements that support the needs of the business and service providers. Provide input and resources, partnering with the Operations Strategy Team and others to drive major process improvement initiatives for Home Depot.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 25%- Analyze the fundamental components of problems and communicate the correct course of action to the team and the resolution to the field
- 20%- Develop and implement changes that improve overall Services operations processes that are likely to add value; Manage/drive core Services operations projects and/or process improvements
- 20%- Manage day to day processes related to areas of responsibility; Create and maintain project work plans
- 15%- Manage issues and roadblocks that arise related to area of responsibility; Respond proactively to unanticipated field needs arising out of a variety of inputs; Manage action steps necessary for successful execution of both strategic projects/initiatives and process improvement
- 10%- Communicate effectively and build strong, effective partnerships with the field/stores and throughout The Home Depot; Prepare and deliver high-level insights and recommendations based on multiple analyses of industry/ business, competitive landscape, consumer data for area of expertise
- 10%- Provide guidance and training specific to area of expertise; Assist in collaborating findings from data and making verbal/written recommendations; Demonstrate proficiency/understanding of specific processes; Maintain knowledge base regarding specific operations and processes within Services operations
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Senior Manager Ops Process Services.
This position has 0-5 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
3 years of retail experience or process management in related area
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong business, functional and/or knowledge for their area of responsibility
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong operations, retail and/or field experience
- Ability to partner/communicate well with the field/stores
- High sense of urgency in responding to field needs
- Strong big picture; strategic thinking skills
- Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!