NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
SVP, Middle Market Relationship Manager -New York
This position is a senior level business development banker focused on developing and acquiring new relationships with commercial clients.Develops, markets and manages existing loans, demand and time deposits, and cross sells related bank accounts and services.Mentors less experienced relationship managers. Manages performance against goals.
The incumbent serves “middle market” businesses.For the purpose of setting this job’s parameters, the definition of “middle market” is based on a company’s annual sales volume.Businesses served may include those with annual sales volume greater than $20MM and up to $250MM.The incumbent Relationship Manager will have a focus on developing business with local companies.Other factors include the ongoing development and retention of the RM’s Client Base.
- Plans, develops and pursues an active customer calling program within the Bank’s credit structure, in order to attract new banking relationships.
- Makes regular calls on potential clients in order to generate high quality new loan, deposit, and fee business to achieve or exceed specific production goals.
- Meets with customers through personal calling efforts, branch referrals and other contacts to discuss business needs and recommend ways in which the bank can serve their needs.
- Responsible for the sale and administration of all financial institutions services to include deposits, treasury services capital markets products and wealth and asset management services.
- Responsible for the proper pre-qualification, structuring, pricing, and exception-free closing on all loans in his/her assigned portfolio.
- Analyzes requests and associated financial data to determine if the loan meets acceptable risk standards.Evaluates risk and reviews any compensating deposit balances of each loan customer in order to properly price the loan to meet profitability standards.
- Works with borrowing customers to procure updated financial information on an ongoing basis.
- Works with Loan Analysis and underwriting unit in developing analytical work-ups on credits.
- Follows up on loan exceptions to insure timely clearing.Controls volume of exceptions.
- Ability to work well with other team members and maintains a high degree of professionalism at all times.
- Ability to work well with all support groups in the Commercial Bank including but not limited to Credit, Underwriting, Treasury Management and Customer Service.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At Least 10 years of Middle Market Relationship Management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.