Intel Software Quality is looking for a Software Quality Engineer to support SW teams to manage/improve the quality of their software offerings associated with various operating systems and helping to create product quality deliverables.
In this position, you will be responsible for working with teams deploying operating systems, APIs, Apps etc and interface throughout the product development life cycle to ensure that effective software quality engineering practices are understood and applied resulting in projects that achieve their plan of record and programs that meet software quality requirements and goals. You will be ensuring that software quality requirements and goals are established and met; ensuring that projects and products comply with applicable standards, requirements, and objectives; and driving continuous improvements in software quality. To accomplish this, you will be applying software quality engineering practices and principles during all phases of product development; evaluating software development life cycle work-products, processes, and methodology against standards and requirements; using problem solving methods to identify corrective actions and recommend process improvements; You will be responsible for developing/tracking Software Quality Plans and driving Software Process Improvement Initiatives. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Tracking and reporting on project's progress against the quality targets
- Leading Software Process Improvement initiatives
- Performing metric collections and analysis
- Delivering products based on open source offerings
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong oral, and written communication skills
- Strong skills in solving problems and using data to drive decisions
- Effective influencing skills and organizational skills
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and frequently changing environment
- Ability to work with geographically distributed stakeholders
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- The candidate must possess a Master Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any other related discipline.
- Knowledge of software quality engineering methods
- Experience in delivering Android/Linux based products to market
- Experience in mobile/IoT/wearables product space
- Experience in working across the full life cycle of software development
- Experience in working with teams needing substantial support to mature their software development practices
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.