SW / Modeling Engineer Job Description
You will be working in a dynamic team environment that develops and applies physics-based modeling tools for simulating the creation and behavior of microelectronic devices and structures on Intel's microprocessors. Specific duties include development of advanced SW and applications involving numerical device and process modeling, materials modeling, thermo mechanical modeling, equipment modeling and/or geometry & meshing infrastructure. Areas of expertise that are applicable to this position depend on the sub group and include:
QualificationsInside this Business Group
- Device: advanced device transport, quantum effects, electronic structure, novel device and memory operation, optoelectronics, mesh generation, software architecture and numerical methods for device problems.
- Process: Defect-coupled diffusion/activation, FEM based stress simulation, Software architecture, Numerical methods for process problems.
- Materials modeling: computational materials science including density functional theory and molecular dynamics modeling for front end or back end materials and processes.
- Thermo-mechanical: Advanced mechanical and material engineering background, heat transfer model from macro-scale to nano-scale transport, thermal induced stress/strain analysis, Finite element model development experience, reliability and material fatigue/failure research.
- Equipment: Gas and liquid phase transport phenomena, chemistry and chemical mechanism analysis, numerical methods for chemistry/fluid-flow/species-transport/heat-transfer, parallel programming, and semiconductor processing.
- Meshing: computational geometry, mesh generation algorithms, graph theory, computer graphics, scientific visualization, and parallel programming.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.