• Troubleshoot, fix and perform RCA for issues affecting customers and engineering resources
• 24/7 Operation of the cloud platform environment. Participate in on call for production support shared with other SRE's. Selected candidate is expected to support product on weekend on rotation basis.
• Work closely with the Developers/QA team to ensure efficiency on Product Releases
• Deploy a fully automated build/package/verify/push cycle for all principal components
• Develop Monitoring solution for applications, custom plugins/checks, continually upgrade coverage terms
• Heavy hands on involvement contributing in scripting/automation, cloud-based web server farms
• Work with local/remote Development/SQA teams to support the delivery, deployment and operation of services
• Follow and create security policies and procedures that will ensure the protection of customer and corporate data
• Maintain product infrastructure hosted in AWS and on local servers for on-prem part of product
Desired Skills & Experience
• Experience in application support on LAMP infrastructure
• Administer and performance-tune Linux Systems, Apache, MySQL/Aurora DB, Python, Network latency, etc.
• Scripting in shell, groovy, python and regular expressions
• Build automation deployment tools such as Kubernetes, Jenkins & Ansible knowledge is required.
• Solid understanding on tools such as grafana, kibana, nagios and docker.
• Knowledge on software project management tools such as apache-maven is required.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.