Part of a global team that supports storage and backup operations across multiple sites.
Responsibility includes but not limited to:
• Support day-to-day operation of storage and backup using Oracle ticketing systems
• Hardware and Onsite support
• Incident support and resolution
• Systems monitoring
• Capacity Management
• Assist in system automation and continuous improvement of existing process
• Minimum 5 years of industry experience as Unix Syadmin or Storage/Backup Administrator.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
• Extensive hands-on knowledge of Linux, Solaris and/or other UNIX systems. Windows experience a plus.
• Knowledge of, and ability to administer some or all of the following hardware: ZFS Storage Appliances, X86 and Sparc based servers, NetApp filers, Tape Libraries/Silos, FC hardware.
• Knowledge of, and ability to administer some or all of the following applications: ZFS, NAS/NFS, SAN, SMB, iSCSI, LDAP, Oracle Secure Backup, Oracle Database, RMAN, ACSLS, Oracle Key Management.
Ability to script in: shell, perl, python. Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP.
Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Excellent analytical abilities and ability to prioritize multiple tasks with time and resource constraints.
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. Propose client configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Work with others to define, coordinate vendor purchase needs. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.