Role: GNC system administrator
Location: Bozeman, Montana, US
Description: Working as part of a Nerve Center shift, you will be part of the global follow-the-sun 24/7/365 Oracle Cloud Operations team with the mission to maintain and enhance the global Cloud environment. A key responsibility of the role will be to continuously raise the industry bar by driving efficiency and overall customer experience improvement into the greater Oracle Cloud system.Oracle Cloud is a major focus point of the company. As a result, both computing environment and human organizational growth is occurring at a rapid rate. Best of breed technologies are continually reviewed and supported for the delivery of a positive customer experience to highly acclaimed hosted products such as Oracle Service Cloud, Taleo, TOA, Responsys and Eloqua.
As a member of the Oracle Cloud Operations team, you will be surrounded by "willing to help" individuals representing some of the brightest and most innovative minds in the industry. You will be a part of an organization that prides itself on providing training, empowerment, and career progression.
Environment Monitoring & Configuration
• Perform shift Nerve Center coverage managing the [TOA, Service Cloud, Responsys, Eloqua etc.] platform
• Follow standard operating procedures and policies in administering environmental support
• Execute approved changes during change windows
• Monitor and administer live application servers and test system health
• Participate in project delivery aimed at increasing capabilities around monitoring, notification, configuration and deployment of servers and applications within the Oracle Cloud Platform
• Recommend and execute modifications to Linux systems and Oracle Cloud Applications in order to improve efficiency, reliability and performance
Service/ Incident Request Handling Process
• Fulfill service requests from internal and external customers surrounding the management of Oracle Cloud Platform within applicable Service Level Objectives
• Work through the ticket queue in the correct priority order
• Ensure ticket tool is properly and effectively utilized to capture information for reporting purposes
• Respond to monitoring alerts to quickly identify trouble source and implement resolution to avoid or reduce duration of an outage
• Coordinate with system operations, business application and database administration functions to ensure availability, reliability and scalability of Linux systems to meet business demands
• Work closely with Performance and Customer Services teams on customer impacting incidents
People & Self Development
• Actively participate in respective training programs to develop the required skills
• Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
• Take part in Performance management using the Oracle GNC appraisal system
• Ensure to maintain an up to date PDP with line manager - monitor progress, and find solutions for individual training needs
• Assist in the training and development of more junior team members
• Seek out opportunities to further grow your knowledge of the GNC environment and GNC services
• Take opportunities to get involved in divisional activities outside of your day job
• Build relationships with peers and internal experts, stretching beyond your immediate team across the wider division
• Develop and maintain training materials and systems documentation
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or equivalent and/or 2 years equivalent work experience
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux, Linux services and Linux networking
• Strong Technical background in industry-standard infrastructure and application stacks
• Ability to conduct research into Operating system issues and products as required
• Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
Property Specific Skills / Abilities
• Specific knowledge of RedHat, CentOS, Oracle Linux platforms and FreeBSD
• Recommend and execute modifications to Oracle Field Service Cloud application and services in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance
• Familiarity with TCP/IP and web protocols, SOAP and REST APIs
• Ability to conduct research into Linux issues and products as required
• Systems and applications troubleshooting experience
• LNMP Administration experience within a mission critical environment
• Working technical knowledge of coding using Python and shell scripting
• Application support experience with MySQL and Oracle DB
Required Personal Attributes
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Highly self motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer service orientation
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. Propose client configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Work with others to define, coordinate vendor purchase needs. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.