- Participate in architecture design and decisions
- Develop and maintain configuration deployment and orchestration tools and infrastructure
- Manage, support, and optimize server infrastructure
- Monitor system stability and performance
- Help develop tools to build, maintain, and monitor systems
- Ensure 24x7x365 operation
- Rapidly scale systems to meet demand
- Write comprehensive documentation
- BS of Computer Science or related field
- 8 years as a Unix/Linux administrator
- 3 years as a Sr. Unix/Linux administrator/Architect
- Most recently worked with RHEL/CentOS 5/6; must have deep knowledge of these environments, and be able to answer probing questions about them
- Advanced working and architecture experience with all or several stacks in the following areas
- MTA (pmta), web servers, load balancers (F5), network, host security
- Clustering technologies - i.e. Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), Oracle RAC
- SAN and NAS Storage - i.e. ZFS, EMC, NetApp
- Protocols - LDAP, SMTP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, NFS
- Virtualization - i.e. Oracle VM, VMware, Docker
- Monitoring/trending tools - i.e. Zabbix, MON, Nagios
- Configuration deployment and automation mechanisms - i.e. puppet, chef
- Mid to senior level programming/scripting in at least two languages (one any kind of shell; the other a higher-level language)
- Kickstart server experience, Linux repository maintenance, and rpm package creation/manipulation
- Solaris and ZFS experience a plus
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP networking fundamentals
- Multiple years of experience in fast-paced high-availability production and non-production environments (e.g. ISPs, ASPs, SaaS, etc.) with an emphasis on remote "lights-out" management of systems. A sense of urgency (but not panic) is key
- Excellent troubleshooting abilityExcellent verbal, written, and customer service skills
- Team player with a drive to learn
- Must be willing/able to pass a technical phone screening
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliablility of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requisitions. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. May play a team leader role for developing System Administrators.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.