We are seeking a senior systems administrator to provide and maintain infrastructure and services for our Solaris and Linux development and test teams. This position involves installing new hardware, configuring and administering a virtual environment, reconfiguring and debugging network and storage issues, and improving lab monitoring and automation. This member of the System Administration will collaborate with multiple stakeholders including development and product management to forecast and plan implementation of system additions and changes, optimizing utilization of all lab resources.
Location: Broomfield, CA, USA
• Expert knowledge of Sparc Hardware. Experience servicing major internal components. Day to day service of Sparc and x86 based hardware.
• Use and administration of systems monitoring tools is a must
• Experience installing and administering both NAS and SAN solutions
• Experience working with operating system virtualization
• Experience configuring ethernet networking devices- switches, routers, etc.
• Must be able to physically install server, storage, and networking devices
• Constructive, professional collaboration with others
• Installing and administering operating systems on x86 platforms
• Jumpstart or Kickstart infrastructure administration
• Experience administering ZFS
• Experience administering InfiniBand infrastructure
• Experience administering Fibre Channel infrastructure
• Knowledge of multiple copper and optical cabling standards and form factors
• Scripting in one or more languages
BS or MS degree in CS or Engineering (or equivalent experience)
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliablility of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requisitions. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. May play a team leader role for developing System Administrators.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.