We are seeking a Senior Linux Systems Administrator with exposure to a devops culture and mindset. This member of the Systems Administration team will establish and maintain configuration and monitoring tools to contribute to the team's support of Oracle Linux and Oracle Virtual Machine (OVM) development and test teams. This individual will collaborate with multiple stakeholders including product development and quality assurance team members and work with management to perform capacity planning and optimize monitoring and management of all lab resources. This position also occasionally involves installing new hardware, configuring network and storage resources, and responding to individual trouble tickets.
Location: Redwood City, CA
• Extensive experience installing and configuring Linux
• Substantial experience using one or more programming languages such as python and C. Able to code to APIs for improved automation, integration, and self-service
• Experience using SDKs
• Experience working with one or more operating system virtualization solutions
• Experience using x86 and/or Sparc hardware
• Must be able to physically install server, storage, and networking devices
• Use and administration of configuration management and deployment tools such as puppet, nagios, chef, cfengine, pxe, openstack
• IaaS and NaaS
• Kickstart and Jumpstart configuration and administration
• Administration and configuration of code repository solutions such as GIT, SVN, or Perforce and related management solutions such as Jenkins
• Use and administration of Solaris or other Unix variants
• Experience using NAS and SAN solutions
• Experience administering InfiniBand
BS or MS degree in CS or Engineering (or equivalent experience)
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliablility of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requisitions. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. May play a team leader role for developing System Administrators.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.