Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems.
The Associate Cloud Systems Administrator's role is to install, configure, administer, tune, and optimize Linux systems servers and other infrastructure components to achieve high availability and performance of the RightNow hosted environment. Responsibilities:
- Rack and configure server hardware including building RAID arrays.
- Work in the datacenter to add servers to the network and load balanced environment
- Hands-on repair of equipment, swapping disks and components within the servers
- Install Linux on multiple servers using PXE boot or kickstart
- Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of Linux systems to meet business demands.
- Perform file system configuration and management.
- Document servers within the cabinets
- Document cabling of servers
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Define and perform system backups and recovery procedures.
- Monitor and test system power usage and provide reports on power consumption.
- Keep an inventory of spare parts and servers
- Recommend and execute modifications to Linux systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Follow corporate and datacenter policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure Linux system security.
- Conduct research on Linux-related hardware and software in support of procurement and system development efforts.
- Review and implement new Linux system releases and vendor supplied patches.
- Develop and maintain Linux training materials and systems documentation.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business information systems a plus or four years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Linux a plus, but not required.
- Specific knowledge of RedHat Linux platform(s) required.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux, Linux services, and Linux networking.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols, firewalls, and database administration.
- Good technical knowledge of current network hardware and standards, including Fibre channel.
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
- Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into Linux issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (70 lbs), such as computers and peripherals.
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliablility of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requisitions. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. May play a team leader role for developing System Administrators.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.