Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together-in the cloud and in the data center. By eliminating complexity and simplifying IT, Oracle enables its customers-400,000 of them in more than 145 countries around the world-to accelerate innovation and create added value for their customers.
By engineering out the complexity that stifles business innovation, Oracle is engineering in speed, reliability, security, and manageability. The result is best-in-class products throughout an integrated stack of hardware and software, with every layer designed and engineered to work together according to open industry standards. Oracle's complete, open, and integrated solutions offer extreme performance at the lowest cost-all from a single vendor. Integrated, industry-specific solutions are engineered to address complex business processes across a wide range of industries.
PDIT Development Infrastructure Services (DIS) is responsible for managing and supporting all infrastructure needs for Oracle Product Development teams. The enormous infrastructure and diverse range of platforms required by the development teams is facilitated by datacenters setup across all regions to provide end-to-end support such as Server, Storage & Oracle engineering systems (Exadata/Exalogic/Exalytics/BDA/ODA/Super Cluster) by DIS team.
DIS is dedicated to delivering timely, consistent, repeatable and cost-effective solutions while exceeding Oracle Development team's requirements across the strategic regional locations. Services are delivered 24/7 by proficient, skilled staff with an operational and service management focus.
The ability to perform work independently is required:
- Perform ad hoc requests as directed by on-site management.
- Support Service Manager processes (e.g. Service Request, Incident, Change) by creating, updating, and closing associated tickets.
- Support and Maintenance of Engineering systems (Exadata/Exalogic/Exalytics/BDA/ODA)
- Perform physical audits and ensure the inventory database is updated and accurate.
- Take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures
- Define requirements for significant new projects and specify, develop an execution plan according to those requirements
- Maintain core development infrastructure of Linux/Oracle OVM servers and Cloud computing
- Improve the processes and enhance operational efficiency
- Collaborate and maintain business relationships in order to meet and exceed client expectations with respect to business as usual and project activities.
- Ability to learn new technologies with an interest in expanding and applying this knowledge as new emerge.
- Working knowledge of network cabling diagnostics and testing practices.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN/Telephony concepts e.g. TCIP, switches, routers, vLANs.
- Experience in deployment and maintenance of Oracle Systems and environments
- Proficiency with Oracle Enterprise Linux (or equivalent) systems administration
- Proficiency with server virtualization technologies including Oracle OVM, VMWare, and Xen
- Proficiency with a highly-available database infrastructure (Oracle, MySQL and/or Others)
- Proficiency with scripting language (Perl, PHP, Python, Batch, Bash, or similar)
- Experience working with enterprise network storage (Netapps, EMC and/or Others)
- Experience working with Networking Gear (Cisco, Arista Network, and/or Others)
- Experience working with infrastructure hosted in lights-out data centers, colos, or with cloud computing providers
- Familiarity with Oracle Fusion Middle Ware
- Knowledge of internet protocols and their typical implementations
- Deliver complex projects on time and with a high degree of quality
- Must possess a methodical and disciplined approach to problem solving
- Must have the ability to react quickly and effectively to network/server/application problems
- Provide technical and functional guidance and direction to team members
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills
- Possess and demonstrates strong logical-thinking skill, full of intellectual curiosity and high desire for self-development.
- Ability to come to the best solution by capturing the big picture instead of focusing only on the minor details/issues which only affect us/clients in a short run. Root cause analysis
- 6 years of experience in a enterprise systems environment or similar discipline
- Experience in a technical mission-critical environment.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to complete tasks and deliverables within expected timelines
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to details, and willingness to learn and be methodical about following procedures.
- Able to work independently as a part of a larger team in a global organization.
- Able to multitask in high pressure situations and take ownership of project / tasks from planning, deployment, and post-deployment support.
- Any Degree (Preferably - Computer science/Electronics/Electrical)
- 7 to 12 year technical work experience.
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliablility of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requisitions. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. May play a team leader role for developing System Administrators.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.