The mission of Oracle Labs is straightforward: identify, explore, and transfer new technologies that have the potential to substantially improve Oracle's business. The Information Retrieval and Machine Learning group (IRML) in Oracle Labs is working to develop, scale and deploy Machine Learning throughout all of Oracle's Products and Services.
Oracle Labs IT is looking for a system administrator to manage the hardware and software infrastructure for our secure research repository. This repository is a compute and storage facility that is used by both the IRML group and other groups inside Oracle for building, evaluating, and testing Machine Learning models. We're looking for someone who won't be satisfied with the status quo, but who will constantly be on the lookout for opportunities to improve it.
Required Skills and Experience
Experience you need to be successful
• 5 yrs. of Linux Systems Administration
• Experience supporting x86 servers in a global environment
• Familiar with Software Development environments and scripting automated tasks.
- Extensive experience managing x86 hardware running Linux, including
physical set up of servers and LOMs as well as managing automated
installations of Linux
- Experience managing NAS infrastructure (allocating shares, managing
permissions, adding storage, etc.)
- Experience managing 10Gb network infrastructure (switches, aggregations, etc.)
- Strong Unix scripting skills (bash, python, perl, etc.) You will be
responsible for implementing scripts that will enforce policies
around the secure data repository. For example, some of the data
sets have data retention limits that much be respected
- Experience managing "Big Data" systems like Hadoop and Spark
- Experience documenting procedures and processes
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Managing Xen-based VM infrastructure
- Managing SPARC hardware running Solaris
- Managing ZFS storage appliances and ZFS file systems
- Managing relational database systems (MySQL, Oracle)
We pride ourselves on team work and support of our customers as well as each other on staff. If you're outgoing and are eager to be part of our team's success we would like to hear from you.
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliablility of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requisitions. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. May play a team leader role for developing System Administrators.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.