System Administrator 5-IT
Posted: January 13, 2017
Reference ID: 170001FS
This team is building and supporting development of Oracle IaaS systems, as well as internal IaaS systems providing internal development compute capacity. This is a world-wide team working with Oracle's Product Development Organization. This job provides a unique opportunity to work with Oracle's latest cloud technologies.
This position will requires deep knowledge with Cloud Computing, x86 systems, Linux, and networking. The candidate will work with development to build cloud systems, support the cloud infrastructure, develop support documentation and processes, and provide feedback to the Cloud development organizations. Needs to be a technical leader capable of leading projects with little oversight. Excellent troubleshooting skills are required, with the ability to work with other teams to diagnose issues.
The candidate must have excellent written/verbal skills and create and maintain professional documentation. Knowledge of shell/python coding will be helpful. Network storage experience is valuable. 10 years of infrastructure experience with cloud computing experience is required.
10 years of experience with linux, networks, and x86 technologies.
Cloud computing experience required (EC2, CloudStack,OpenStack, Object Storage). Technical leadership experience needed, capable of leading projects with little oversight.
• In depth knowledge of linux, virtual machines, cloning, snapshots. Detailed understanding of networks (VLans, NAT, routing, firewalls, vxlan) required.
• Provides daily management and reporting of the customer on boarding and system implementation.
• Confirm scope of the implementation activities with the customer.
• Scheduling of meetings, project tasks and key milestones.
• Manage customer expectations of the implementation.
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills, teamwork skills and ability to work across functional teams, across geographies and across cultures.
• Perform implementation validation to ensure all deliverables met with each customer
• Interface with other team members inside and outside Cloud Operations.
• Adhere to all security policies, standards and procedures.
• Ability to operate with minimal supervision, drive change management processes while overcoming technical and non-technical obstacles and maintain flexible work schedule.
• Respond to and resolve emergent service problems. Perform on-call duty as part of a global team.
This team is supporting the development and QA of Oracle IaaS systems, as well as the internal IaaS systems providing development VM capacity.
This is a world-wide team working with Oracle's Product Development organization, focused on the Oracle's IaaS development team.
This job provides a unique opportunity to work with Oracle's latest cloud technologies.
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data consists of an evaluation of intangibles.
Individual should hold at least ten years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. Individual should hold a BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.