This position will be responsible for performing complex systems administrations tasks serving both SDDC and the United States Transportation Command. The employee will work to build new systems and implement fix actions on existing infrastructure. Works as part of a project team to support a dynamic, medium/large scale enterprise environment.
* 3 to 5 years of Windows Server system administration experience
* Windows Server 2008 administration and troubleshooting
* Working knowledge of server virtualization technologies
* Comprehension of common network concepts: VLAN, Switching, OSI layers
* Capable of diagnosing system hardware issues
* Familiar with high availability/clustering concepts and engineering
* Familiar with fundamental networking/distributed computing environments and concepts.
* Strong inter-personal and communication skills: capable of training users in complex topics, making presentations to internal groups.
* Ability to perform security audits and re-mediate vulnerabilities to protect the systems against intrusion.
* Independent problem solving; self-directed, self-starting.
DESIRED but not mandatory:
* VMware Virtual Machine administration
* Active Directory, DHCP, and DNS
* Tier 2/3 Customer Support experience
* Electronic file transfer experience
* Systems engineering experience
* Active DoD Secret clearance
* Experience with VERITAS Clustering a plus
* RSA experience
* Netapp/Quantum/Other storage experience
jack of all trades - sys admin troubleshoot issues enjoy tracking down and resolving the issue.
not strict by the rules
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.