The next 5-10 years will see the software industry move away from on-premise software solutions towards software delivery via cloud based services. Oracle's number one strength is the size and strength of our software portfolio to which most of the business world is already addicted.
Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure Management Services group designs and develops the Infrastructure-as-a-Service platform that drives Oracle's Engineered Systems, Oracle Public Cloud, Oracle PaaS and SaaS offerings. This team is a provider of private cloud infrastructure management software and helps companies manage infrastructure resources to deliver service, quality and availability, as well as workloads in private and hybrid cloud environments. http://www.oracle.com/us/solutions/cloud/infrastructure/overview/index.html About the Role
Candidate will be responsible for:
- We are small and relatively new team building the next big thing for Oracle Public Cloud. Help us be on ground level of this exciting opportunity.
- As a member of the distributed block storage team, you will be taking an active role in defining, developing and debugging a highly scalable high performance block storage service.
- Work is non routine and very complex, involving application of advanced technical skills in the areas of specialization.
Candidate can expect:
- The architecture of major components of our product offering from concept to production deployment
- Providing technical direction and mentoring to others when and as needed.
- Working with geographically distributed teams and contribute to the success of his/her team and other related teams.
- Delivering large-scale projects on-time with high quality.
- Collaborating and working effectively with best in class architects, engineers, product managers, QA and Documentation teams.
- A stable environment with low turnover and great opportunities to grow.
- A merit-based organization. New hires that deliver have been put on critical projects.
- A good mix of new and seasoned developers in your team.
- An opportunity to contribute to a well recognized, revenue-producing Oracle product that has thousands of customers.
- Challenging and diverse projects.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications:
- 20 years of software design and development experience with distributed, highly-scalable, multi-node in a Cloud based environment.
- Strong knowledge in networking, storage, security technologies.
- Prior experience in virtualization and cloud computing
- Advanced experience with C, Eiffel, and Java as well as strong experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, shell, etc.
- Strong understanding of virtual machine technologies (KVM, Xen), networking and block storage systems.
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Experience building large scale distributed systems
- Experience building scalable storage systems
- Experience building high performance storage systems
- A background in developing large scale compute or storage products in a cloud based environment.
- Advanced understanding of cluster architecture a strong plus.
- Strong Database knowledge preferred
- Strong knowledge about Object/Block based file systems
- Expertise in debugging scale and performance issues
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- You must value simplicity, lightness, and streamlining to be a successful architect for this team.
- You must have experience with distributed systems that scale well and have participated on teams that have had a collaborative approach to systems architecture as well a high bar for quality and performance.
- Our product roadmap is an incredibly fun ride if you enjoy challenging problems.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.