Job Description: SUMMARY The primary purpose of this position is to assist Information Services (IS) development management in ensuring quality delivery of applications, enhancements, and maintenance by providing guidance in the use of development methodologies and toolsets. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid's brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Draw on a solid understanding of Information Technology (IT) to satisfy functional area(s) and/or acquire additional knowledge as necessary to effectively meet the company's IT needs.
- Integrate Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies into project assignments; participate in process improvement activities; review results to validate conclusions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of one or more functional areas and perform development and programming duties with general direction.
- Recommend business processes and product improvements within corporate functions, considering the objectives of the business partner(s).
- Anticipate, research, and identify root causes of technical problems and provide possible solutions.
- Take initiative to help others through sharing of knowledge and experience; proactively seek assignments; lead by example; perform tasks defined in project plans.
- Interface with and make general presentations to the support team, management, and peer groups; prepare and maintain documentation.
- Demonstrate good listening, writing, and verbal communication skills; probe to determine customer needs; coordinate efforts with various support groups in the application and implementation of technical solutions; build relationships with customer peers.
- Develop cost-conscious business alternatives and provide appropriate justifications.
Experience / Requirements: Education and/or Experience
- Minimal experience in Information Technology preferred.
Education: Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) Information Technology preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A little about us:
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.