Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus , Indiana for a System Perfomance - SA Engineer.
Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Combustion/performance/emissions, system integration, after treatment integration, vehicle system simulation, combustion system simulation, flow simulation, filtration, or aftertreatment simulation.
- Uses prescribed and innovative methods, and works with limited guidance.
- Participates as a team member and actively contributes towards team goals.
- Carries out partially defined and moderately complex tasks.
- Demonstrates good understanding and applies knowledge of an engineering discipline.
- Applies engineering and/or scientific skills and continues to develop experience in creating engineering solutions.
- Written And Verbal - Is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means. Fundamentals of thermal and fluid sciences, and/or physical chemistry
- Basic knowledge in the areas of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, combustion, and/or physical chemistry. This knowledge includes both analytical and experimental applications. Ability to apply this knowledge to areas such as engines, after treatment systems, fuel systems, air handling systems, power generation and filtration systems.Thermal and fluid science specialty of interest
- Basic knowledge in a specialty of interest in the areas of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, combustion, and/or physical chemistry. This area is a very broad, requiring focus on a subset within thermal and fluid sciences, with more detailed knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to the specific area of interest.Teamwork skills
- Cooperates with others, fully contributes to achieve the team goal. Skills and Experience Required:
Must have 2 years production experience and prefer Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree.
The EBU System Performance Sensors and Actuators team
is responsible for the aftertreatment component subsystems including aftertreatment sensors (pressure, temp), exhaust gas sensors such as NOx and PM, Diesel exhaust fluid tank subsystem components such as urea level/temp/quality, and DEF dosing subsystems.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Role focuses on the appropriate application of these components for VPI programs as part of the overall engine system. This includes working with Suppliers to make sure all the appropriate basic design/validation tasks are completed at the component level and then performance and diagnostic calibration development unique to each application.
- Team supports all VPI programs across the Engine Business Unit, including engine families ranging from 2.8 liters to 15 liters and both on-highway and off-road products. Individual will support multiple programs and components, developing experience across a range of products and applications while also developing individual technical depth related to specific individual key subsystems.
Master of Science, Bachelor of Science, or equivalent technical degree required. Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.