Eaton located in Kings Mountain, NC has a position opening for a System Technician - Night Shift.
The primary function of this will be performing preventative maintenance activities during off shift hours. Perform automation system (PLC, safety, HMI, network) related functions, troubleshoot and resolve controls related issues, perform repairs and preventive maintenance on the plant automation as well as all equipment associated with it to help achieve plant’s business goals and objectives.
- Implement, maintain and troubleshoot CNC and PLC systems based on Allen Bradley, Siemens and GE Fanuc platforms
- Diagnose and troubleshoot machining equipment, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Diagnose, maintain, and troubleshoot power and communication networks such as Devicenet, Profibus and Ethernet based systems.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date operation manuals and electrical prints for all equipment
- Identify opportunities as related to safety, quality, and productivity
- Work flexible hours depending on production shifts and project requirements
- Understand and assist with relational databases, Windows server technology, and IT networks/peripherals.
- Ensure safe work environment – Follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Associate's Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field.
- Minimum 5 years' maintenance experience.
- Legally authorized to work in the US on an on-going basis without company sponsorship.
- Ability to adapt to different computer software
- Strong electromechanical background
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.