GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a division of General Electric Company,GE Transportationis a global technology leader and supplier to the railroad, mining, marine, stationary power, and drilling industries. We drive change and progress - by rail and across oceans. We go farther and dig deeper, with advanced technology that connects people, data and machines, so resources can be gathered, goods can be transported and economies can thrive. GE Transportation is headquartered in Chicago, IL, and employs approximately 12,000 employees worldwide. Learn more about GE Transportation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Systems Administration Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
In this role, you will be responsible for resolving uncommon incidents, fulfilling unique requests, and scripting solutions to proactively prevent incidents and reduce requests across servers, storage, and backup devices. You will contribute to the team and work with direction from senior team members or management, increasing the ability to work independently.
In this role, you will:
* Possess deep expertise in complex production operations involving multiple applications, systems, processes and teams
* Understand and contribute to the creation of system support documents, operational run books, and build recipes for operational activities
* Leverage monitoring tools to resolve problems and/or escalate to senior operations leads to ensure service levels are exceeded
* Triage production, compute issues, and coordinate with the appropriate team for resolution
* Quickly respond and resolve critical service outages severely impacting consumer
* Possess extensive experience with common scripting languages
* Assist with creation of automation for programmatic deployment and management of tools used in production environment
* Assist with development of automated solutions to address potential problems before they result in a service interruption
* Passionate about continuous learning and able to quickly adapt and pivot to win in dynamic environment
* Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in the application of information technologies to business solutions)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience with information technology and its influence on business functions
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience managing and supporting Cisco switches, routers, ASA's and PIX's
* Knowledge involving the management of ASA's used as VPN end points and firewalls
* Knowledge of Microsoft technologies such as SQL, IIS, Exchange, and Clustering
* Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory domains, DNS, WINS, DHCP, File Sharing and Permissions, Group Policies, etc
* Knowledge of VPN's, Frame-Relay, Multi-Homed ISP's, and internal and external Routing protocols
* Knowledge of enterprise network technologies, VLAN's, VTP, Spanning-Tree, STP, IP subnet addressing, routing protocols, switch port-grouping, etc.
* Knowledge of iSCSI SANs, including replication, volume management, installation and configuration
* Working knowledge of Cisco Call Center, Unified Call Manager, and Cisco Unity Voice mail systems
* Knowledge of infrastructure security, change management, problem resolution and associated tools
* Hands-on experience with infrastructure monitoring and other administrative tools
* Problem solver with strong critical thinking and decision-making ability
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.