In this key role, the primary responsibilities include administration of the following: Windows Server and Active Directory; Office 365, including Exchange Online and SharePoint Online; network infrastructure and firewall; VMware; and storage.
• Configuring and maintaining Windows server infrastructure, ensuring that patches and appropriate security policies are applied.
• Ensuring that best practices are applied in support of the Active Directory and Office 365 implementation.
• Design, implementation and maintenance of storage systems.
• Supporting Exchange Online and SharePoint Online.
• Design, implementation and maintenance of corporate backup systems.
• Ongoing maintenance and improvements in VMware infrastructure.
• Configuration and maintenance of switches, routers, wireless network, Palo Alto Networks firewalls and VPN.
• Administration of anti-virus and anti-spam systems.
• Design, implement and maintain monitoring system for servers and network devices.
• Assist in the configuration and maintenance of Linux servers.
• Assisting in support of phone and voicemail systems.
• Implementation of disaster recovery policies and procedures.
• Providing second level support for help desk issues. When necessary, provide assistance with first level issues.
• Production of policy and procedure documents to support compliance initiatives.
• Maintain vendor relationships and maintenance contracts for responsible systems and services.
• Must be available to participate in off-hours escalation rotation.
• BA/BS in computer science, management information systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates analytical skills, problem solving, initiative, judgment, decision making and writing ability.
• 8+ years of experience supporting computer systems on a wide variety of platforms.
• Extensive experience with Windows, Exchange and SharePoint in a production environment.
• Extensive experience with top-tier SAN and NAS solutions.
• Extensive experience implementing and supporting VMware.
• Experience with enterprise backup systems.
• Experience with VPN and firewall configuration.
• Experience with AWS or Azure.
• Experience with implementation of a systems and network monitoring platform.
• Proficiency with layer 3 switches, including VLAN configuration and subnet routing.
• Understanding of single sign-on technology.
• Comprehensive knowledge of computer security concepts and best practices.
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Experience with writing shell scripts to automate tasks.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Must be motivated, resourceful and creative, and excited to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with hard drive encryption implementation is desired.
• Biopharma industry experience with FDA compliance is strongly desired.
• Experience supporting Oracle databases is a plus.
• Windows and/or VMware certification is a plus.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.