Systems Administrator (Job Number: 024276)
Corporate Office - 1415 LAKE COOK RD
1415 LAKE COOK RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Under direct supervision, responsible for maintaining the integrity of the operating system environment. Performs routine assignments involving configuration, installation, maintenance and upgrades of operating systems. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Job Responsibilities
- Performs routine system upgrades. Assists in the planning, scheduling, testing and coordination of upgrades.
- Performs routine server set-up.
- Installs, configures, and maintains computer systems of a routine nature. Coordinates and tracks assigned L1 and L2 work assignments.
- Deploys the routine releases of new technologies.
- Restores files or systems by designing, writing and implementing back-up procedures.
- Trouble shoots routine server problems as reported by users.
- Works under standard operating processes and procedures and assist in the development of new processes and procedures.
- Serves as a point of contact for the offshore team, working with, assisting, and interacting with the team members.
- Assists in the installation of new servers and helps maintain the server infrastructure.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of experience in IT.
- Experience communicating technical information both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to technical audiences (work group, team).
- Knowledge of BMC Remedy
- Available to work 24X7X52.
- Willing to travel up to 5 % of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- 2+ years of system administration experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on Oracle Enterprise Manager with EBS Application Management Pack experience
- 2+ years of hands-on Oracle WebLogic administration experience
- Oracle identity management suite skills inclusive of experience in implementing this for EBS and other applications and SSO/OID.
- Strong Hands-on Unix skills is mandatory
- Flexibility to work independently with minimal supervision, or collaborate on a multi-disciplinary teams
- Prior experience in a SOX environment is preferred.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.