Robert Half Technology has partnered with a local client in search of a Systems Administrator. Interested candidates should contact Chet Wehrman at 513.621.6890 or Chet.Wehrman@RHT.com
The Systems Administrator's role is to manage and tune in-house computer software systems and hardware to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual is also responsible for ensuring proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and tracking tools.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to implement servers that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives
•Provision & deploy servers, & multi-function printers
• Manage server OS platform, Windows 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2
• Manage input/output fleet, including printers and copiers
•Assist Help Desk with onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
• Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
•Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
• Collaborate with network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company's computing environment.
• Record, track, and document the network and infrastructure request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
•Assist helpdesk with hands-on fixes at the desktop level as needed, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
•Install anti-virus & security software.
•Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by line managers.
•Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
•Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
•Flexibility to provide off hours and weekend support as necessary.
Formal Education & Certification
•College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
•Certifications in Microsoft, CompTIA A+ or Network+ are preferred, but not required.
Knowledge & Experience
•Knowledge of server hardware, including Dell PowerEdge, IBM server X-Series servers, and HP Proliant.
•Knowledge of Microsoft networking components, such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Group Policies, Roaming Profiles, NTFS Permissions, & Login Scripts
•Experience with VMware ESXi V-Sphere 4.1/ 5.5/6.1
• Experience with SAN administration, NetApp/EqualLogic environment
•Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10, Server 2008, and Server 2012.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.