SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Linux Systems Administrator is responsible for managing the infrastructure including the Linux Server along with hardware and internal applications, while embodying the company's values. He or she also manages the relationship with vendors, tests new releases and performs upgrades to the infrastructure and applications as is necessary. This role includes mentoring team members when needed and resolving issues of a technical nature.
• Infuse company values into your work ethic, every day and in every interaction
• Provide support for the internal infrastructure
• Ensure proper backup and alerting is performed and tested
• Ensure quality services are performed and delivered with the agreed SLA's ensuring expectations are met or exceeded
• Minimize service disruption and the facilitation of service restoration within the agreed SLA's
• Take ownership of the Incident Management process and act as the final point of contact (POC) of technical escalation on any internal application issues, diagnosing root cause through a structured process of investigation
• To manage the life cycle of problems from identification of the problems, through root cause analysis, to the completion of remediation tasks of problems resulting from incidents in the production
• Assists in the documentation for the internal infrastructure
• Provides guidance, assistance to users responding to written and verbal questions about the proper use and implementation of appropriate procedures and necessary operations to meet the user needs
• Knowledge of Atlassian products (Confluence and Jira) and/or similar technical applications
• Degree in Computer Science, MCSE/MCSA, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of System Administration experience preferred
• Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of Linux
• PC hardware, operating systems and applications software
Interested in this position? Please email email@example.com or call Ryan at (512)477-3389 for consideration.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.