McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Connected Care & Analytics enables our customer organizations to improve patient outcomes through better care coordination, collaboration and management – while making sustainable performance improvements that drive financial health. Our expertise in connected care,population health, risk management, healthcare analyticsand demand forecasting can help you deliver care in the right setting and develop and maintain a thriving business, even in our rapidly evolving industry. RelayHealth®, an independent business unit within the McKesson Connected Care & Analytics family, is a key component of this strategy and expertise; enabling the trusted exchange of clinical, financial and administrative information between patients, providers, payers, pharmacies, pharmaceutical manufacturers and government agencies. The net result helps provide: improved care, faster access, lower costs and enhanced bottom lines.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
-Responsible for all aspects of applications and/or systems administration, including implementation, configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, problem resolution, testing, usage monitoring & the development of systems infrastructure within Corporate IT Infrastructure -Designs, writes, implements & performs backup & restore procedures & monitors processes -Administers & maintains system stability -Expertise necessary for one or more of the following Platforms: Mainframe, UNIX or Windows
4+ years experience in Windows, Mainframe or UNIX systems administration
· Requires in- depth knowledge and experience
· Uses skills, discretion, independent judgment, best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
· Solves complex problems
· Takes a new perspective on existing solutions
· Works independently, receives minimal guidance
· Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
· Demonstrates technical expertise within their technology
· Installs new software releases, performs system upgrades, configures systems, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves complex problems
· Participates in the development of system backups and recovery processes
· Participates in the design of disaster/system recovery and testing, when applicable
· Coordinates with appropriate team(s) to apply software updates
· Monitors system configuration to ensure system stability
· Teaches and trains personnel on Platform support expertise, where applicable
· Writes or modifies scripts to perform system administration tasks
· Works on internal cross functional teams; may lead cross-functional teams and/or have some vendor interaction
· Detailed knowledge of Windows, or other specialized systems administration
· Detailed knowledge of the definition, design, and implementation of network communications and solutions
· Detailed knowledge of current system administration tools and scripting languages
· Detailed knowledge of system backup, recovery and storage administration
Additional Knowledge & Skills Required
- Windows Server OS Administration and Engineering. Server Versions include: 2008, 2012
- Windows Server Active Directory knowledge/expertise.
- Support the full lifecycle of Server (from procurement to decommissioning of the server).
- Ability to Support Anti-Virus solution
- Perform and support patch management solution
- Support Windows OS’s and provide RCA on a problem
- Understand key features of VMware Cluster
- Work on multiple projects at the same along with supporting our day to day infrastructure
- Provide evidence for audits
- Having a detailed understanding of networking, storage and Linux infrastructures a PLUS.
- Comprehensive knowledge of routing, switching & networking
- Detailed knowledge of the definition, design, & implementation of network communications & solutions
- Understanding of the inter-connectivity & all pieces of the puzzle (e.g., knowledge of interdependencies within a network to be able to solve problems independently)
4-year degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experiencePhysical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.