More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Responsible for support and maintenance of iSeries application and technical environments, OS/400 program products and utilities, third party software and projects for corporate and operating company entities. Responsibilities include support of iSeries hardware including Hardware Management Console, logical partitions, tape drives and associated peripherals. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing support for multiple iSeries based application environments (both RDC and SUS) that include production, training, development, software quality, and test.
- Interacting with various application, infrastructure and business groups as an iSeries subject matter expert.
- Supporting corporate and operating company systems during off hour periods five days a week and during weekends when operating system's require problem resolutions (i.e. hardware, operating system upgrades, conversions, migrations, deployments and hardware installs). Providing 24/7 oncall support as scheduled or necessary.
- Installing and maintaining third party program products and utilities.
- Support and maintain WebSphere MQ middleware on iSeries servers including troubleshooting interfaces to corporate MQ hub.
- Providing operational technical support to both corporate and operating company operations staff as necessary.
- Evaluating OS/400 and iSeries enhancements and recommending changes for corporate and operating company iSeries systems, in conjunction with IBM Global Services.
- Providing iSeries technical consulting on application, infrastructure and business issues.
- Developing solutions to critical problems that can be deployed across iServers across the enterprise.
- Managing various development and test environments.
- Developing and automating system management functions for OS/400 operating and application environments.
- Programming in CL and RPG languages.
- Developing written project plans, implementation checklists, and procedures.
- Managing multiple projects, adjusting priorities as necessary.
- Designing, testing, implementing and maintaining High Availability solutions for iSeries systems and supportable applications.
- Coordinating with SYSCO Information Technology Department staff, vendors and consultants to provide required documentation for technical change requests, user administration, application and code installations and root cause analysis.
- Minimum education requirements are 4 year degree or an equivalent of education and experience.
- Seven or more years of experience in a combination of applications development and/or support, OS/400 operating system, program products, and utilities.
- Must have a stable work background with experience supporting the OS/400 operating environment, and have installed and supported one or more products, such as Robot, iTera, MIMIX, AM2000, MDCMS, Hawkeye, DBU, etc.
- Possesses technical ability to effectively communicate with application development, quality assurance, and other Infrastructure teams.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in managing multiple projects providing adequate reporting and status with minimal supervision.
- Possesses a strong customer service orientation that includes the ability to effectively communicate and negotiate as the situation demands.
- Strong knowledge of CL and RPG programming.
- Must have the ability to make critical decisions under pressure using good judgment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Normal office environment.
- Work schedule is generally Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with frequent overtime, weekends, and night hours.
- Provides 24/7 backup to the on call support staff.
- Some travel required, approximately 10-25%, and will vary based on project requirements.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
A little about us: