Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
Blizzard's BONS IT team wants an ambitious and talented student to join their group of system and network admins as an intern for summer 2017. BONS is the global network operations team responsible for supporting ALL of Blizzard's customer-facing IT systems and services. Such services include Battle.net, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo 3, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm. Duties will primarily revolve around Linux administration, though there will be some exposure to Windows Server, HP-UX and Cisco IOS. The candidate should exhibit a high attention to detail, have strong troubleshooting skills and be capable of adjusting quickly to an ever-changing environment.
Intern Guild Requirements
- Assist in the administration of a complex site.
- Assist in the evaluation of purchases (these recommendations will have a strong influence on the purchasing process).
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Comfortable working with Linux operating systems. This includes:
- Installation procedures
- File system layout and design
- Resource monitoring and troubleshooting
- User administration
- File permissions
- Package management (i.e. Yum, APT)
- Process management
- Working understanding of networking principles
- Basic understanding of how to write scripts in an administrative language (i.e Bash, Python, Perl)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Quest Items WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Experience with basic services such as DHCP, DNS, NFS, and SMTP
- Experience with LDAP, RabbitMQ / AMQP, and Puppet
- Experience with MySQL, Memcached, CouchBase, or Hadoop
- Experience with Apache and Tomcat
- Experience with virtualization, including KVM, Xen, or VMWare
- Knowledge of Active Directory, IIS, PowerShell, DFS, and MSSQL
- Knowledge of Cloud and CDN Services, including OpenStack, or AWS
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.