Our East Bay client is searching for a Sr Field Engineer with a background in Systems Administration. Experience in Network support is a big plus! Must be willing to travel on a regular basis around the Bay Area and be comfortable working with multiple environments. If this sounds like you please contact Tara Sweatt at tara.sweatt@rht,com
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitors system performance using built-in and 3rd party monitoring tools to ensure systems are healthy and meet desired service levels.
• Routinely provides IT Operations Manager with system capacity reports showing historical trends and helps plan purchases and budgets.
• Implements and maintains facilities and reporting infrastructure to continuously monitor system event logs using systems management tools such as MS MOM.
• Installs new servers, equipment upgrades and enhancements and ensures systems are operationally ready and can be recovered before applications are installed and user can access the system.
• Configures and provisions new virtual machines in VMware, ensuring the configuration is appropriate and complies with established standards and is well documented. Also provisions storage and backups as required.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.