Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Systems Administrator based at our location in Independence, OH! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team, eager to drive our business forward? As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the complete server hardware and software lifecycle. This includes (but is not limited to) the evaluation and recommendation of network server hardware and software, maintenance and reporting of systems trends and security risks, proactive log auditing and reporting, monthly server maintenance, quarterly business continuity testing, change management procedures, and recommended migration to new technologies.
The System Administrator may also provide support to division headquarters and remote branches for all hardware (PC's, TC's, LAN switches, etc.), applications such as Microsoft products (SQL, Access, Office, etc.) and telephone systems (Cisco, Nortel, AT&T, Comdial, Panasonic, etc.) ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Maintains, monitors, evaluates and/or manages the following: VMware ESX 3.x virtual infrastructure; Server and LUN disk space and health through quotas and reports; Configures and manages Pillar SAN LUNs; All server application, system, and security logs; Group Policy settings; end user system, resource and file share security access; Evaluates and acts on all server operating system and hardware break/fix issues; Configuration of layer two and layer three switches; Abnormal data traffic patterns; UPS monitoring/reporting/testing; Maintains and manages Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP); Software license compliance database; SQL server maintenance and database development/training of end users.
- Schedules, tests and/or performs the following: Monthly server maintenance; Server and end user operating system patches; PC, laptop, and server firmware upgrades; All server, end user, and phone system backups; Windows Server Update Services (WSSUS) review, testing, approval and follow-up for all Divisional assets
- Documents and/or reports on the following: Generates server security audit reports for management; Documents changes made to servers and communications (LAN/WAN) equipment. Creates and maintains detailed technical documentation of infrastructure, operating procedures and device configurations.
- Assists in SharePoint intranet configuration.
- Serves as Tier Three Helpdesk Lead. Provides after hour technical support and assistance to ensure 24x7 infrastructure availability.
- Performs business continuity training and testing.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with applicable hardware and software vendors, Division and Region senior management teams, and colleagues across all Divisions.
- Pursues continuous personal development and education to remain informed of current industry development and technologies.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Network Administration or related IT field. (In lieu of degree requirement, may consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.) Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator certification a plus.
- A minimum of four (4) years of prior experience in an IT System Engineer or Systems Administration role.
- Desktop application skills (MS Office, Exchange, Outlook, Sharepoint, etc.). Wi-Fi, Networking, TCP/IP configuration and troubleshooting skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as a demonstrated ability to utilize applications within ERP software (i.e. SAP, Oracle).
- Exhibits customer focused behavior such as building positive relationships and strives to understand customer's needs, both internal and external. Ability to deal with difficult situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills with the ability to make independent decisions based on investigation and judgment as well as ability to discern when to escalate issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to adjust communication method based on customer situation.
- A positive approach and willingness to learn coupled with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to promote collaboration, coordination, and teamwork across organizational boundaries. Ability to manage multiple priorities and juggle between divisional, local and corporate management and demands.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, both independently and collectively. Exceptional organization, time management, customer service, project estimating and problem solving skills.
- Ability to design practices, processes and procedures which allow managing from a distance; can impact people and results remotely.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA, LLC.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.