Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
THIS IS A NIGHT SHIFT POSITION.
The Production Support group prides itself in keeping the applications and systems of Visa up and running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business.
As part of the team:
Support critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures and such. The role will also demand the ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and post production implementations.
We seek an experienced IT professional to join us as an application support engineer working in the Open Systems Operations group. Candidate must have 4+ years of software development and application support experience, configuring, and troubleshooting software applications, systems, databases and associated devices. In addition to delivering technically, the candidate should be self-motivated, and have excellent interpersonal communication skills. Qualifications
- 4+ years' experience in Software Development.
- Experience working in 24*7 environments will be a key to this role.
- At least 2 years' experience programming in Microsoft Visual Studio .Net, C#.Net, & SQL.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 Database, Reporting Services and Analysis Services.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 & IIS 7/8.
- Experience in scripting against windows i.e. PowerShell, VB.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing major components for large projects. Knowledge of monitoring tools, alert escalation, customer / vendor management etc.
- Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity of
- Service desk and other operations groups
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.