ORACLE'S GLOBAL IT TEAM
Network Information Services Engineer (NIS)
A Network Information Services Engineer manages DNS, DHCP, IPAM deployment, GTMs, address management, and domain management within Global IT.
This role is responsible for the management of the interoperability between Global DNS and DHCP systems (Bind, IPControl Executive/Agents)
using tools, monitoring, ticketing systems, internal customer notifications, project resourcing and documentation.
Preferred Technical experience includes the following:
A Network Information Services Engineer has primary responsibility for the following:
• Deploy and configure new DNS and DHCP servers,
• Support existing DNS and DHCP architecture,
• Monitor and maintain records of equipment failure,
• Respond to monitor alarms,
• Identify the root cause of an outage and coordinate the corrective actions,
• Resolve internal Service Requests,
• Real time analysis and problem resolution of incidents associated with the DNS, DHCP, WPAD, and GTM,
• Configuration management,
• Project work as technical lead or project team member, including engineering, requirements definition, solution design following corporate standards, implementation and testing through to production,
• Create and maintain technical documentation,
• Work with Service Design to engineer global solutions,
• Provide technical and product leadership to management,
• Work with vendors as necessary,
• Validate project risks, schedules, plans, work breakdown schedules, dependencies, milestones, timelines, quality, scope, and supporting documents Communication on activity and deliverables, presence, status, issues, proposed changes to key stakeholders as appropriate.
Be a part of the E-Business Suite success story. Work with Oracle*s world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle*s global infrastructure.
Work closely with Oracle*s internal business and development teams to drive the technical/functional global implementation of Oracle*s applications internally. The main responsibilities may include: Manage all aspects of internal deployment projects and work closely with the internal teams on status, issues and communications. Define business specifications with the internal user community for the global deployment of the application. Define and drive business specifications for product and component integration points. Map standard application functionality to global/local business specifications. Manage product gaps from business specifications to product enhancement and/or business process change. Gather specifications and drive solutions from a global perspective across the e-Business Suite. Define product enhancements to drive solutions across the e-Business Suite for all customers. Manage product setup definition and configuration along with internal business process teams. Manage all aspect of product rollout and coordination with internal teams. Define specifications for data migration from legacy systems into newer applications. Define specifications for data interfaces between applications for product rollouts. Manage user acceptance testing and transfer of information to internal teams. Provide technical support for implemented applications; diagnosing and reporting bugs, applying patches and upgrades as needed. Establish priorities for feasibility studies, systems design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company*s information processing systems. Coordinate with functional departments involved to collect system specifications, techniques, and controls. Interact with senior management within Product Development, Business organizations and Global IT.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Individual should hold at least eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.