Lead the virtualization effort by designing, developing and deploying virtualization solutions based on various cloud technologies.
As a member of the Cloud Operations team, you will work as one of our Cloud Systems Engineers. You will play a key role in the adoption, enhancement, and management of our cloud infrastructure, and services used to build, deploy, and manage our Solaris and Oracle Hardware products, both on-premise and in the public cloud. You will be at the forefront of the supporting and designing our next generation infrastructure and applications. Using industry best practices and innovative approaches, you and your team will aim to provide high-performance, scalable, secure, and resilient systems in support of product development teams and their products and services.
- 7-10 years experience as a systems administrator and software developer; 2 years or more working in an enterprise cloud environment (e.g. Cloud Operations Engineeer, DevOps Engineer)
- Education: BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Expert level Unix administration (e.g. Solaris, Linux, RedHat)
- Experience implementing virtualization concepts and technologies (e.g Openstack, Oracle VM, Xen, Virtualbox, AWM, Docker)
- Experience supporting configuration management systems (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience
- Storage administration experience (NFSv3/NFSv4, iSCSI, SAN, ZFS)
- Network administration experience (TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, LDAP/NIS, routing, IPv4/IPv6, VLANs, VxLANs)
- Working technical knowledge of, and experience with various OS scripting languages (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Storage administration experience (SAN)
- Experience supporting development environment users (e.g. users of Git, Subversion, Mercurial, Jenkins)
- Experience implementing configuration management systems (e.g. Puppet, Chef)
- Experience supporting logging and monitoring systems (e.g. syslog, Oracle EM, Nagios)
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to design, install, configure and maintain applications and hardware in a highly available and scalable environment
- Hands on experience in translating capacity requirements in to infrastructure deployment topology; experience in sizing, capacity planning is highly desirable.
- Strong background and experience with virtualization
- Strong ability to solve operational problems using scripting, ability to identify and automate common routines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in distributed environment
- Experience with the software development life cycle
- Thrive in a dynamic environment
- Accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- Continually innovate and improve product quality as well as group efficiency
- Excellent application management skills combined with pragmatic thinking and a can-do attitude
- Experience supporting applications in a mission-critical 24x7 business environment
- Periodic on-call rotation
- Change schedule may require work outside of standard business hours
- Occasional travel
- Ability to operate under pressure with an extreme attention to detail
- Experience working in teams of 5-10, ideally in a cross-functional team setting
- Willingness to learn new technologies
Be a part of the E-Business Suite success story. Work with Oracle*s world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle*s global infrastructure.
Work closely with Oracle*s internal business and development teams to drive the technical/functional global implementation of Oracle*s applications internally. The main responsibilities may include: Manage all aspects of internal deployment projects and work closely with the internal teams on status, issues and communications. Define business specifications with the internal user community for the global deployment of the application. Define and drive business specifications for product and component integration points. Map standard application functionality to global/local business specifications. Manage product gaps from business specifications to product enhancement and/or business process change. Gather specifications and drive solutions from a global perspective across the e-Business Suite. Define product enhancements to drive solutions across the e-Business Suite for all customers. Manage product setup definition and configuration along with internal business process teams. Manage all aspect of product rollout and coordination with internal teams. Define specifications for data migration from legacy systems into newer applications. Define specifications for data interfaces between applications for product rollouts. Manage user acceptance testing and transfer of information to internal teams. Provide technical support for implemented applications; diagnosing and reporting bugs, applying patches and upgrades as needed. Establish priorities for feasibility studies, systems design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company*s information processing systems. Coordinate with functional departments involved to collect system specifications, techniques, and controls. Interact with senior management within Product Development, Business organizations and Global IT.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Individual should hold at least eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.