Reporting to the Global Advanced Customer Services (ACS) Cloud Services director, the Primary Support Engineer (PSE) role is for a senior technical resource to deliver Cloud Services to a variety of diverse and demanding customers located in North and South America.
The PSE is a named role to customers and provides technical leadership and advice to other delivery teams to maximise customer satisfaction, assure Quality and maintain control of the services delivered in close collaboration with the ACS Technical Account Manager (TAM) to customers. The PSE is responsible to manage the technical resolution of critical Incidents when the customer's business function is down.
The PSE works closely and directly with customer representatives, TAM and different AM&R tiers to ensure that the services described in the AM&R contract are delivered efficiently and with the highest standards of quality. The PSE
role is mainly focused on proactive support which is a key differentiator in the AM&R support model. is mainly focused on. The PSE tracks the AM&R service delivery very closely and continuously in order to quickly detect and address
any possible gap.
• Be the customer facing technical lead role
• Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
• Be aligned with both customer and TAM to ensure a service delivery within the contractual scope
• Keep a high level of service delivery quality (control, predictability and consistency)
• Maintain the operational stability of customer environments
• Ensure the service delivery efficiency by pushing standardized processes and tools
• Communicate new growth opportunities to management
• Overall customer support and satisfaction
• Internal Customer Subject Matter Expert
• Technical Service Subject Matter Expert
• Lead technical resource for:
• Critical Incidents
• Problem Management
• Proactive Support
• Change Management
• At least 10 years experience in a senior technical role within an IT support organisation
• Expert level expertise in Oracle software products
• Expert level expertise in one or more Oracle engineered systems products
• Strong background and work experience in an IT support discipline
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
• Excellent computer skills (spreadsheet, documents, presentations)
• Proven ability to work with Fortune 100 customers in pressured or escalation situations
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
• Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
• Persuasive with details and facts
• Delegate responsibilities effectively
• Experience in working internationally
• Continuous approach to self-improvement
• Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As an Advisory Systems Engineer, you are expected to be an expert member of the problem-solving/avoidance team and be highly skilled in solving extremely complex (often previously unknown), critical customer issues. Performing the assigned duties with a high level of autonomy and reporting to management on customer status and technical matters on a regular basis, you will be expected to work with very limited guidance from management. Further, the Advisory Systems Engineer is sought by customers and Oracle employees to provide expert technical advice.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of customer satisfaction. Both a Bachelor*s and Master*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience 8 years related experience prior to taking this position. In addition, experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.